Friday, January 30, 2009

CRAZY for Valentine's Day!

I have totally been feeling "crafty" lately. Usually it only happens a couple times of year. Chris suggested that I was having "early nesting syndrome." Regardless, I have been having a blast creating Valentine's decorations out of things around the house. Here is a peak at what our little place looks like. Not everything is made by me and everything was not made this year. But, I will give you a quick tour so you know what is what.
This rose wreath was purchased for about a dollar at an after-Valentine's sale.
I purchased the frame and tinted the black and white photo for Chris five years ago when we first left for college.
Just random candles . . .
I think candy came in this plastic pail last year. I held onto it. With a little paper and ribbon yesterday it makes for a cute new candy canister this year!
This I made about four years ago . . . you can tell by the severely outdated photos. I matted family pictures and put them on sticks so we could have a bouquet of loved ones! I would say my sweet mother-in-law deserves a new photo instead of one that is fifteen years old. Plus, we have Kaylene, Amanda, Joseph, Jessica, Danny, and Hallie to add! We're going to need a bigger rose bush!

I painted this little frame on Sunday and then traced a profile photo of Hallie in Adobe Illustrator. The picture says "Sweet One, Valentines '09." I love it! Of course, since she is two I couldn't get a still photo. Her mouth is open because she is likely talking. But it is such a classic concept.
I painted this old frame and used some scrapbook supplies for this little sign.
This was done yesterday with scrapbook paper and ribbon. The larger jar is a generic candle that has new life! The small container is a clean jar that used to hold pimentos. It is now the home of Valentine's M&Ms! I love that the sticker on the chocolate says "surrender." That is how I have felt about chocolate this pregnancy.
These candy dishes were a birthday present. I got them expressly so I could change out the ribbon depending on the holiday. The hurricane jar just changes depending on the holiday. When it isn't a holiday it has fabulous fake lemons!
This was another cheap silver frame that received three coats of red paint of some scrapbook paper. Red ribbon tied to the back turned it into a door hanger.

How did I have time to do this? Nap time and a selfless husband. It won't be quite so easy when baby #2 arrives. Plus, I try to work really, really fast. I hope you enjoyed your tour.

9 comments:

jen said...

what cute and clever ideas! If only I were so crafty...

Josh and Diana Lee said...

Everything looks so cute! I don't have any Valentine decorations but now I'm totally inspired! CUTE!!

canohappiness said...

Oh Michelle... you inspire me... really. You may not think its much, but you do a lot! :-)

karen said...

oh, you're amazing !!! can you move in with me and redo my house for me !! My house is so.. dull and boring !!

Cal said...

Cupid got me with his arrow on this one.

Brit n' Ryan said...

Looking at your post, you reminded me that I need to do the same. Everything is LOVELY!

Dan and Jess said...

I bet your home looks beautiful with all of those decorations!

Hideaway Girl said...

Very CUTE - all of it! Now I am feeling like a total slacker mom/Valentine Scrooge. I've yet to put out any Valentine stuff. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

BTW, I've read many of the same books - even Diary of a Wimpy Kid :)

The Wimpy Mother said...

Where did you get those candy dishes? I have to have one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails