Friday, May 22, 2009

Mother's Day
































We are slowly getting settled into the new house. Now that we have the internet again, I wanted to post some fun pictures from Mother's Day two weeks ago. It was a great day. Chris secretly kept the girls quiet so that I could sleep in until 9am! I usually can never sleep that late, but with a new baby keeping me up at night-- it was heaven sent. When I was walking out of my bedroom door I found a sweet homemade card and cash from Chris and the girls! What a fun gift! We celebrated the morning at "Grandma Judy's" house. Chris and I made her brunch. It was nice to have a quiet morning with her. That afternoon we took Claire to church for the first time. We stayed for the full three hour block. I regreted that decision the week after when Hallie brought a cold back from nursery and the three girls were sick while trying to move. Besides catching germs at nursery, Hallie also made a really cute flower picture for me. When she saw me after church she said "There she is!!" and came running toward me. She told me "I made this for you!" When I asked her "Oh, you made this for me?" She replied "Uh, huh! I did!!" She was very proud of it and I loved having a little project from her. The next morning Hallie saw me looking at her picture again and she was excited and reminded me "I made that for you, Mommy! Uh, huh. I did!" That evening, Chris made me dinner. Now, I know that I write about food a lot (I inherited that from my Grandpa) but I wanted to boast of the menu: butterfly shrimp, loaded baked potatoes, strawberry spring salad, and asparagus. It was delicious and I loved that Chris made it for me.

Thanks for making my Mother's Day special, sweet family.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails