When Chris and I were first married I day dreamed a lot (I'm a dreamer). But I didn't day dream about nice cars or fancy vacations. I dreamt about hanging out with our future children . . . I fantasized about making pankcakes together, popping popcorn for a family movie night, picking vegetables together in our garden. Last Saturday Chris took Hallie out with him to shovel snow. Some would think this was cruel punishment but for Hallie it was heaven. And what a great small moment Chris took to teach our daughter about the value of work. As I watched them I felt a little grab at my heart. This was totally something I would have day dreamed about when we were newlyweds. And now here we are! And then I ran back inside, slammed the garage door and left them in the cold.
5 years ago
1 comment:
I love it when kids try to help. In particular trying to help daddy!
Post a Comment