I think it is safe to say that decorating little girl's rooms is my favorite hobby.
Thank goodness we have been blessed with two girls so far.
As you may recall, Hallie for one year had a very pink room.
She has moved into a big-girl purple room.
The pink room is Claire's new nursery.
Here are those changes:
Claire's New Room
I love this sweet canopy even more over a crib.
Can you believe the baby face in that frame?
Everyone needs that framed picture in their home.
When Hallie changed rooms, we moved her curtains with her.
At first these new frilly ones were too much for me.
But now . . . I just love them.
The frames have been updated with our Clairey baby.
This little cradle was mine as a little girl. At first, I wanted to paint it white. But I actually like the contrast of it. And I especially like that it looks just like it did in my room as a child. We put throw pillows from Hallie's old bed in the cradle to make it extra comfy. It is intended for Claire to put her babies in. But most of the time, Claire just lays in it with her feet hanging down. She loves it.
This trunk was a clearance find at Hobby Lobby. It is a perfect meeting place for all her little friends.
Do you think this baby likes Minnie Mouse?
We modified it for the baby girl.
Since Claire's clothes are much smaller, they accomodate this space much better.
This print is an Anne of Green Gables painting my Grandma Allen bought me.
Since our home is modest size and this particular room is smaller, closet space is valuable play space. This is Clairey's "house." The box with a ribbon pull is filled with play dishes and play food. Claire loves her house. You will see soon that Hallie has a "closet house" of her own as well. The poster is another gift from my Grandma Allen. In this case, it's supposed to be a window looking at the view outside the kitchen.
Hallie's New Room
Call me cliché for using pink and purple for girl's rooms.
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF.
Besides, the girls adore them.
We needed a place to store some of Hallie's great artwork. The fridge surface gets a tad overrun. This has been the best solution. We found drawer pulls we liked and Chris attached them to the wall so we could clip up our favorite art and her favorite drawings. We love this!
A little beadboard accent wall was just what this wall needed.
This IKEA kitchen armoir has served us well over the years.
We painted it white three years ago and it is perfect for Hallie's clothes.
We love work by the artist Claire Keane. We had a Rapunzel book that we adored the pictures in. So, we purchased a duplicate book on amazon so we could mat and frame them. Custom art on the cheap! The white Empire State Building was just destiny. Hallie loves New York City. She tells us all about the shows there. She can identify landmarks from all around the city. When we are driving at night and she sees lights on in far away buildings she asks if it is New York. She frequently tells us how someday she'll go to "the new york of cities." When Chris and I found this building our jaws dropped and Chris whispered "Get it!" I turned to Hallie and asked her if she knew what it was. She responded breathlessly "It's New York City!" Love it.
This flower arrangement (with pencils and paint brushes) is our not so subtle way of reminding Hallie to enjoy art.
We love this picture of Hallie. We want to add text to it that says "A dream is a wish your heart makes . . ."
I've been wanting to use a paper lantern in a room for such a long time. This was the perfect opprtunity. It reminds me of a cloud.
The square pillow is from Claire and Hallie's old nursery bedding. I am so glad we still have these to cherish.
Chris painted the chair to match the wall. This is where "Pretty" the kitty reigns supreme.
The purpose of these bunks are so Claire can move in when we have our next baby. We'll keep the ladder away until that time (too many visions in my head of girls trying to fly like fairies).
Hallie's Closet
Ever wonder where all those bows are stored? This over the door shoe hanger has been a lifesaver for bows, hair ties, socks, mittens, bibs, lotion and other baby supplies. It's very handy.
This Disney Princess vanity (that someone was cool enough to give us) turns into a piano. Hallie can put on shows for all her friends. Claire and Hallie love to spend time in here. They love to close the closet door and lock me out.
We keep a small stash of books at the top of her closet. That way I can pull some down for her at the begininng of her "quiet time." We used to have two chairs, but one met a tragic death. The girls will be surprised by something new (I'm not telling) on Easter Sunday though.
This "H" was from her nursery and I wanted to show you where her bath towel hangs.
And there you have it. I have two little bedrooms that I can dream my little girl heart away in anytime I want to. I have to say how humbled I am that we finally own a home where I can make these rooms my palette. And for the record, these rooms are trashed not once but twice a day. But, I've learned that a mark of good organization means you can clean up a room in seven minutes-- tops. And we can. And Hallie especially knows where everything goes. Two happy children and two happy parents.




























7 comments:
We're moving in a few weeks, and I wish that I could fly you here to organize my space for me. You're such a pro.
Michelle you (& Chris) have supplied these sweet girls with amazing rooms! I love the purple and white pallette.
Oh my! Those are gorgeous rooms! You should come and do mine!
Wow Michelle! Everything looks so beautiful!!
Seriously. I just want to move in. You are so talented. You have been since I have met you. I use to LOVE getting ideas from your AWESOME apartments. I love the rooms, you have done such an amazing job!!! Thanks for sharing. I truly loved this post!!
I love the clever way of a flower arrangment. Great ways to organizing the closets and to use every square inch of your home.
Love, love, love it!
Post a Comment