Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving






Even though the turkey and pie took much longer, my Thanksgiving pride and joy is my cornucopia. I have been making this ever since Chris and I were married. It is so fun to make something so pretty for our table. It combines two of my favorite hobbies: crafting and cooking. We had the most pleasant Thanksgiving in our apartment. Chris' mom and brother, Michael, were kind enough to visit and bring more good food. Our menu consisted of: Sage-Butter Roasted Turkey, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Corn Bread Dressing, Herb Dinner Rolls(made by me); as well as Pinapple Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and Bacon, Asparagus and Cheese Sauce, and Cranberry Sauce (made by Mom Hinkson). For our appetizers, Michael made a to-die-for Spinach-Artichoke Dip and I made a cheeseball. For dessert, Mom made a lucious pumpkin cheesecake and I made my apple pie. Before dinner we quickly stated what we were thankful for-- the common denominator was family. Hallie loved the food (and has since polished almost all our leftovers). After dessert, we cleared the Thanksgiving table and put out our Christmas tablecloth and nativity. We wanted a fun way to usher in Christmas and we couldn't think of anything more to be thankful for than the Savior, so the nativity seemed perfectly appropriate.

3 comments:

. . . said...

i am so impressed with your cornucopia! ha ha. i tried to just DRAW one on thanksgiving and couldn't even do that.
glad to hear your holiday was good. =)

Jenny J said...

you're pretty amazing. i'm lucky if i can throw a frozen pizza in, let alone bake a bread cornucopia. it turned out beautiful. what a nice tradition you have and hallie will have fun growing up with that.

Shanda said...

You are a domestic goddess! Can I come to your house for thanksgiving! I love the cornicopia (sp) bread! That looks amazing! Seriously...my mouth is watering right now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails