Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day





We had a great President's Day! I loved having Chris home from work-- and so did Hallie. We had a quiet morning and then we took a 45 minute drive to Castle Rock, CO to visit their outlet mall. We scored some great deals! I had been wanting an egg platter, so I found two cute egg platters that will hold Easter devilled eggs perfectly. The plates are nice and only $2.99 each (plus I used a 20% discount coupon for one of them). At Border's I was able to purchase a nice book for Hallie's Easter basket entitled Bunny's Noisy Book by Margaret Wise Brown for $2.99. At Carter's we were able to buy Hallie a cute yellow sundress and an "I love Daddy" body suit for $13.00. But, the most incredible, life-changing deal I scored was . . .



My first Coach bag! I admit I have long- coveted a Coach bag. However, I have never seriously considered buying one because they are just too expensive for me to stomach. Enter the President's Day Sale at the Coach Factory Outlet. I was able to get a perfect little bag for 65% off the original price!! Apparently they only have such monumental sales twice a year: President's Day and after the Fourth of July. The opportunity was just too good to pass up and since my company just awarded me a timely bonus, I quickly bought it when I had the chance! Some might call it an impulse buy, but after pining for it for a decade I think it was brilliant. Cheers to my supportive husband who stood in the store for twenty minutes with me, helped me pick out the perfect bag, and purchased it for me. He knows how much it means to me because he has heard me mention it one thousand times.

Happy President's Day!

4 comments:

Josh and Diana Lee said...

Michelle! I seriously feel like I am an extended part of your family and that I've basically watched Hallie growing up even though I've met her once!!! I am so glad that you, Chris, and Hallie are doing so well. I just love you guys so much! Keep bloggin it up!!!

Kristie K. said...

Yeah!!! Congrats! what an exciting thing. I am glad you found the perfect one. It is gorgeous and a classic. You'll have it forever. It is nice to reward ourselves everyonce in awhile. (We all know moms deserve it!)

Afton said...

Awesome purse Michelle! Purses are my weakness. Every time I see purses anywhere I'm tempted to buy a new one. I love them! How exciting to get such a great deal! I love your blog and I really enjoyed reading all of your Valentine's Day stuff and yours and Chris' history and seeing Hallie's pictures. You are so beautiful and you have a beautiful family :)

The Wimpy Mother said...

You are so cute. I love outlet store shopping. I am so glad you got that purse.tw You totally deserve it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails