My baby is an eighteen-month-old. I got the dates mixed up so I kept thinking tomorrow was her half-birthday. But, lo and behold it is today! Happy 18 months sweet girl!
Hallie had a rough morning. She fell down and "bonked" her head so she has a nice purple bruise. No less than thirty minutes later she shoved her straw cup into her gums and was bleeding profusely. She seemed to think it was my fault because at first she cried the "hurt cry" but then she started yelling at me. This continued for five minutes. But, she had a nap that really helped her out. She awoke happy. We walked to a friend's house for a baby shower and Hallie was sweet and pleasant the entire time. Then, when we came home she went straight down for her nap.
Yesterday I took Hallie for a walk around the apartment complex. She yelled "Yay!" and squealed as she ran on the grass. She was furious with me for taking her inside. Later on she toddled over to our front door, got an excited look on her face, looked up at me sweetly and asked "side?" I was yet again proud of her for trying to say a word (this time it was "outside") without being formally taught.
I really do love this joyful journey called parenthood. Sometimes it can be challenging. Lately "sometimes" should be replaced with "often." But, it makes me appreciate my darling grandmothers and my own mom for raising all those children. I am honored to be a mother. It is just as joyful as being a wife (which for me has been so fulfilling these six-plus years).
Here is a quick journey through Hallie's birthdays and half-birthdays so far . . .



18 months photo to come upon waking up from nap!
I love you Hallie! I am so proud of you. You are a very social and sweet baby. You also have a very independent spirit. It looks like you will be outgoing like Mommy and sensitive to others like Daddy. You have your dad's hair and eyes and your mom's round face and smile. We couldn't ask for a more beautiful baby. Thanks for joining us. Daddy and I love our little team.





4 comments:
How fun. A half birthday party. It looks like she ended up having a great day!
Good Gravy! Weston hardly talks at all. I tell people he is the strong silent type. :D He barely has a handful of words. He does surprise me with how much he understands commands even if it is the first time I have said it to him. He will just hop right up and do what I asked. Fun.
Cute pics Michelle! She sure has grown up fast! Hello Nursery!
you know, you looked really pretty right after you gave birth! cant believe hallie is 18 months. time flies...
Post a Comment