I am back from my business trip to Boston. It is such a beautiful city. I loved the time there-- except my last day which was marred by a miserable stomach flu. I've thought about it and I think I can confidently say that yesterday was the worst day of my life. I was in a haze of cold sweats, shivers, and nausea all day. I had to check out of my hotel room at 1pm but didn't have to leave for the airport until 3. So I was alone with the flu and luggage in a large city. Thankfully, my sweet friend Jill Richards lent me her room where I slept on her extra bed for two hours until I wandered down to get a cab to the airport. Whenever I had to speak to anyone at the airport it felt like an out-of-body experience. My voice was so weak I sounded like a shy eight-year-old girl. Unfortunately my flight from Boston to Denver was plagued by a strong headwind that left us in the air for much longer than anticipated. It also supplied extra turbulance. The full flight was so stuffy and my neighbor just wanted to chat endlessly. Couldn't he see I wanted to die? Towards the end of the flight, I was literally doing faint moans. It seemed like we were NEVER going to land. Once in Denver my next gate was at the other side of a huge terminal (probably a third of a mile away) so I had to stagger at a snail's pace to get there. When I reached Colorado Springs, I was sooo happy to see Chris. As we were walking to the car I was in tears. I think Chris thought it was because I felt so bad but it was really because I felt so happy to finally be with him. I slept straight through the night and am feeling much better today. I am still dealing with cold sweats and nausea. Oh joy! My mom and Chris were so sweet to listen to me bawling over the phone about how sick and sad I was. I know they both ached to be there and they both felt helpless.
This picture is of my work building in Boston.
2 comments:
Michelle,
That is so cool that you got to go to Boston! I'm so jealous! That's the one city I really wish we would have gone to while we were back in DC. I especially would have loved to see Harvard. It looked so beautiful. Sorry to hear about your sickness. Unfortunately, Brooklyn has been sharing your pain. (see our blog). Anyway, great post. Tell Chris hi, and give Hallie a kiss for us.
-Luke
What a fun trip. Boston looks like a beautiful city. No wonder my Bro-in-law is always raving about it!
I didn't know that you worked from home. That is neat! I have thought about doing that from time to time, but I can never find anything that sounds like something I would WANT to do. Oh well, I don't reallyhave time right now anyway. Maybe in the future I'll be asking you for more info about what you do, if that's okay!
Post a Comment