Our trip to the zoo was officially my favorite zoo visit ever. Hallie was happy because she had plenty of crackers to feast on and lots of things to look at. Not to mention she had four adults doting on her at all times. Last year when we took Hallie to the zoo she was too young to understand. This year she would talk to the "amimals" (or "ammals" for short). She said "Hi ammals!" repeatedly to the giraffes and meerkats. She said "Hello gunkey!" to the monkeys. Hallie also cleverly renamed tigers "kee-cats" (kitty-cats). When we were leaving the bird exhibit she told them "Bye zoo! Bye-bye zoo!" Every once and awhile she would get fussy and would reach out her hand to me. So we held hands while Daddy, Grandma, or Grandpa pushed the stroller.
My personal favorites were the giraffes and the gorillas. Although the snow leopard, bengal tiger, and hippos were pretty neat too. The elephants had gone inside when we stopped by their exhibit. Chris went to visit them at the end while the rest of us stayed in the gift shop.
I love the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo! They have a great variety of animals and the mountain views are unbeatable. We were able to conquer the entire zoo in about three hours which was perfect for us. After our zoo visit we went to Culver's for a lunch of burgers, fries, and onion rings.
Dad and Chris captured some incredible pictures. So much so that I don't know where to begin posting them. For that reason I am going to compile a brief movie slideshow along with the regular video of our visit.
Here is our video footage:
Here is our photo slideshow:

3 comments:
The pic of you and Chris with Hallister in the stroller is adorable! I want to go to the zoo!
Oh good, for a second I thought you meant the pic of me and Hal holding hands. And I was like "Laura thinks I have man hands!!!" I was kinda devestated until I re-read your comment. Phew!
You've just inspired me to take Brooklyn to the zoo. I love seeing you guys, even if it's just on a video! Love ya!
Post a Comment