We are filled with love for our wise little baby. It is fun that she has always been such a vocal and social child. Hallie mostly speaks in two-word phrases. When we were swimming last week she splashed vigorously, shrieked, then said "Uh-oh wa-wa . . . uh-oh ear," to indicate that she had splashed water in her ear. Today she started larger sentences when she said "It's a baby!" in reference to the birth of Jesus in our The King is Born cartoon and "That's a Mommy Duck!" when Chris was reading her book, Little Quack. We were both floored!
Today was the first time she brought home a picture she colored at church. The teacher wrote her name on it and it said "I am thankful I have ears." So cute! She loves counting to three and has progressed so that she can sing "A-B-C-D-E." If someone is speaking and she recognizes a word she knows she grows very excited. Today at church when someone said the word "to" in their prayers she was thrilled! She started repeating it with enthusiasm. I think she was thinking of the number "two" which is her favorite. Last night when I was singing her lullaby ("You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan) I sang the phrase "I know." She looked up at me with excitement and said "I know?!" Then she made me repeat the line over and over so she could sing along to "I know." What is fun is she can even sing it in tune.
Here, for your viewing pleasure, is another video starring Hallie-Who. I'll warn you that it is a little shakey. It's an unpolished documentary style so I could keep up with my toddler. My favorite part takes place at 32 seconds when she starts to sing "How I . . ." and then distractedly shrieks "ducky!" (whom she spied on the floor).
Today was the first time she brought home a picture she colored at church. The teacher wrote her name on it and it said "I am thankful I have ears." So cute! She loves counting to three and has progressed so that she can sing "A-B-C-D-E." If someone is speaking and she recognizes a word she knows she grows very excited. Today at church when someone said the word "to" in their prayers she was thrilled! She started repeating it with enthusiasm. I think she was thinking of the number "two" which is her favorite. Last night when I was singing her lullaby ("You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan) I sang the phrase "I know." She looked up at me with excitement and said "I know?!" Then she made me repeat the line over and over so she could sing along to "I know." What is fun is she can even sing it in tune.
Here, for your viewing pleasure, is another video starring Hallie-Who. I'll warn you that it is a little shakey. It's an unpolished documentary style so I could keep up with my toddler. My favorite part takes place at 32 seconds when she starts to sing "How I . . ." and then distractedly shrieks "ducky!" (whom she spied on the floor).

10 comments:
that was adorable- i do feel rather dizzy after watching it :)
Your child is officially amazing! I can't believe how well she is talking (and singing!) - she is definitely her mother's daughter!!
That was so cute! I just want to pinch her chubby cheeks!
This was such a cute video! We all laughed when you asked her what a pig says and she replied, "whoaaa!" And we really like Chris sleeping on the couch. :) Hope he's feeling better!
How cute was that! She is so smart! I just put Skylee down for a nap, but I'll have to show that video to her when she wakes up, she loves "Elmo's world" and loves the song too. Hallie sings it much better though :) Love your blog!
We were waiting for someone to mention Chris crashed out on the couch. He was like "People are going to wonder who the dead guy in the background is." Funny!
so adorable! I love Hallie!
Hello dear friend !! how are you ?? Aww, Hallie is so cute. I can't wait to meet her !! Who knows, maybe when we get to see each other in Calif, we might both have a baby ! Who knows !!!! I think we'll be going to Calif next Christmas (hint- so you can plan to go there too !! ha, just kiddin). Miss you !
Too Cute! What a wonderful singer!
Hi Michelle,
Of course I remember you guys. Thanks for saying hello.
We are super excited about moving out to Denver.. I am wishing that these next 8 weeks would fly by so that we can be out there already.
We will get in touch when we get out your way one day. I have heard Co. Springs is really a great place.
Your little girl is a doll. And when they start to really get language it is the most fun.
Post a Comment