Since, he has been a loyal friend these two years, we felt it appropriate to give Hallie an Elmo-themed birthday party. I was so pleased with the abundance of Elmo party goods at The Dollar Store! I am also over the moon with how her Elmo cupcakes turned out.
I have been searching online for several months, and I couldn't find any photos of Elmo cupcakes that looked very good. So, I created my own version. I love how they look. I did a buttermilk cherry chip cake with almond buttercream frosting. I piped on the frosting to look like fur, made white chocolate eyes with milk chocolate pupils, an orange starburst for a nose, and half an oreo cookie for the mouth. The result was an all-edible, fun, Elmo treat.
We tried to do Hallie's birthday in stages. Last week my parents flew out and celebrated with her. My camera was not working at the time so my Dad has all the photos on his camera. When we were still together, she blew out candles on a ding-dong (I like baking but not enough to make cupcakes twice in one week). My parents got her a Cinderella dress (which will be her Halloween costume this year), clothes, a puppy book, and a Sleeping Beauty purse and make-up set that Hallie is in love with.
On Saturday, we let Hallie open up new crayons and coloring books. That night we went for a bite to eat at Noodles and Company (where I unfortunately got a violent case of food poisoning I still haven't recovered from).
11 comments:
Happy Birthday Hallie! I love how the cupcakes turned out! I need your frosting recipe, it sounds delicious!
Not from Noodles and Co....that place is my downfall!!!! Do I dare ask what you ate? Happy Birthday Hallie!!! Are you going to be around October 5th? It's a Sunday. Mrs. Riggins is making a Denver appearance and we just may have to head down your way!
Michelle you are so creative!!!!
Wow Hallie girl! You had a great birthday! Your mom is awesome for making you some cute Elmo cupcakes. Great job Michelle! They are darling!
Your cupcakes are amazing! Sounds like Hallie had a great birthday
What a great birthday! Happy Birthday, Hallie! Great job, Michelle.
Happy Birthday, Hallie !! Elmo Birthday stuff is so cute. You're so good at those kind of stuff, Michelle !! How are you feeling ?
Happy Birthday Hal!! Michelle - the cupcakes are classic! You came up with them? They are seriously amazing. Sister Del Mastro would be proud. :)
i love hallie's elmo theme! so cute for her!
Happy Birthday Hallie, you little cutie you!!! Cute cupcakes too. :-)
what adorable cupcakes!
you have a very lovely family, michelle. =)
Post a Comment