Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Toddlerdom

Hallie is filled with exuberant toddler energy these days. She has done so many personality-filled things today. It started out this morning as I changed her diaper. Being eight weeks pregnant, my stomach is not the strongest thing around so I gagged-- twice. She thought it was a delightful game and proceeded to yell "BLAH!" dramatically at random intervals throughout the morning. Later on, when she was being extra inquisitive and I was very tired I told her in a stern voice "Hallie, stay away from the box. Listen!" (Not a proud moment for me, I'll admit). She looked at me and then yelled back "Ra-ra-ra-ra-ra! Listen!" Just a moment ago as she was coloring/scribbling she told herself "One leggy. Another leggy. And hair." It was cute because that is what her Dad does when they draw together. He tells her what he is doing as he is doing it. Unfortunately, her picture just looked like scribbles but her effort was still cute. Hallie is extra adamant about "lip-ick" lately. I let her put on some Jell-o flavored chapstick once a day as part of our routine. (It comes after teeth-brushing and vitamins). She demands "I wear lip-ick!" throughout the day and is incessant about it until I can distract her about something else. Sometimes it is easier to distract her than others. But several nights ago when Chris was gone she was on a "lip-ick" rampage for half an hour.

I really feel that Father in Heaven blesses me with patience with her. The other day I was particularly glad that I had an added measure. She was eating her meal and threw every last morsel onto the floor. When I spied it I just wanted to scream "Why did you do that?!" But instead I smiled and asked her in a comical tone "Hallie what happened to your food?" She was bright-eyed and happy as she told me "I cleaning-washing!" and imitated washing her hands. The sweet girl thought she was cleaning her tray off for me when I assumed she was bent on making a mess.

Even though she loves to make messes, she is great about helping when asked. I have been particularly proud to watch her throw things in the trash without being asked. What a sweet growing girl she is. I am thankful to be her mom.

7 comments:

Lois Lane said...

Isn't it fun to watch them get their peronalities?!?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

you really are perfect in every way. :-) what a great mom role model to look up to. Thank you for the inspiration.

Julie and Brooklyn said...

Being a mom to a toddler is so much fun, Brooklyn cracks me up daily. Everyday is an adventure!!!!

Mily said...

That is great that Hallie is so helpful. She's a sweet girl! Sorry you don't have your iron stomach anymore. Let's do something! Miss you!

Brit n' Ryan said...

LOL...I love those stories! Hallies is such a fun little character! I guess my theory was wrong about tough pregnancies...you for sure got an angel too, and I'm sure this next one will be just as sweet! When is your due date? have you seen your OB/GYN yet?

Kristie K. said...

yay, Garren smears his food around and tells me he is 'cleaning'. It drives me crazy....

Ashley Webb said...

Hey you guys! That's such a cute post - I love all your stories. Brooklyn is obsessed with lipstick too - and not just lipstick, but all make-up. She knows exactly what each one is used for and she really does pretty well with them all. She is good at helping me too... such a fun age. I wish we lived closer so they could be friends.

Related Posts with Thumbnails