Sunday, November 16, 2008

Air Force v. BYU










Our awesome friends Emily and Josh Eliason hooked us up last minute with awesome tickets to the Air Force/BYU football game yesterday afternoon. It was an incredibly generous surprise. We tailgated with Del Taco and then enjoyed a great game! I grew up in a household of Cougar fans, and after graduating from BYU-Idaho feel a particular association with the Cougars. Chris, a Colorado Springs native of sorts, who was raised in an Air Force community likes BYU but loves the Air Force. Hallie, of course, sided with the Cougars because she copies everything her mom says. So she was great at chanting "B-Y-U!" and "Go Cougars!" She caught on quick and then started yelling things other people did like "Defense! Defense!" Thankfully we were with Cougar fans so all the language was clean. (Otherwise that could have been dangerous!) Hallie was also really into the cheerleaders and would put her arms up into matching positions. The game started great with an exhilarating BYU touchdown. But by halftime I was a little anxious because Air Force led 14-10. However, the Cougars dominated second half and worked the Falcons 38-14. I have to say though-- I have never been so neutral going to a game before. I genuinely liked both teams and their fans. Ultimately, I was stoked that BYU won.

Thank you Em and Josh for giving Hal her first college football experience. We are happy to have checked another item off our "to-do in Colorado" list. And we had so much fun!





3 comments:

Mily said...

We are so happy that you guys had a good time at the game and that BYU won! Always a plus! And, we are glad that you could use the tickets. Thanks for taking them off our hands! :)

brittany said...

When I was watching the game yesterday, I was wondering if you guys would be there, that's so cool you got to go...I'm jealous. :)

Traci Leigh said...

I wish we would have met up! I was working the tailgate party with my ward. It was a good game :) miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails