Monday, November 3, 2008

Vacation Heaven!

Chris and I are back from a long-awaited vacation. It was heaven. We had four days to laugh, explore a great city, eat delicious food, and be so grateful that we found each other and that we love each other so much. We really are best friends and are so blessed to have a beautiful marriage. Chris and I were talking and we expressed that when we got married seven years ago we hoped we would still be as happy as we are now years later. But, after witnessing the degradation of relationships and marriages around us we feel so thankful that we still have each other and that we have such a strong foundation. We are just plain happy. This vacation helped solidify that even more. It was our first vacation since having a child where we didn't have a child with us (due to the gracious gift of Chris' lovely mom who watched Hallie). It was also our first vacation where we took a plane ride together in six years.

And now ladies and genteleman, I present our Boston trip . . .
We stayed in Winthrop, an adorable beach town outside of the city





















more photos to come later . . .

10 comments:

Keri and Neal said...

Neal and I are SO itching for a vacation, even a weekender. And kid free too. Looks like a great time so far. Good for you two!

Ashley Webb said...

Oh - I'm so jealous! It looks like you guys had so much fun on your trip. The Halloween post was awesome too. I loved the "audio clip" - she has the cutest little voice I've ever heard!

karen said...

how fun !!! glad you were able to have some time alone together. ! :)

Ruth Worthington said...

How fun! I am so glad you got to get away for a little while - its good for you :). I looks like you had a great time! Boston looks beautiful.

gardeniagirl said...

I'm so happy for you. Good idea to take a break together before the next one comes along. Joe and I so need a break to . . . we even missed this year's anniversary :( That's what Christmas break is for: getting my parents to watch the kids so we can rekindle the flame. Not that the flame is out. But you know. Stoke the fire.

Lisa said...

WOW! What fun. I so wish! Glad you two were able to get away. It's always great to get away once in a while.

Cal said...

Boston looks good on you two. :)

canohappiness said...

I heart Boston so much! Glad to see you had a wonderful time!

brittany said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. I'm jealous too. :)

Summer said...

How fun! I love Boston; such a cute place. Glad you both had a nice break.

Related Posts with Thumbnails