Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dan and Jessica's Visit

We were so excited to host our first visitor's to the new house. Dan, Jessica, and little Danny stayed with us for several days while they were in town recently and it was so fun to have them. Danny and Hallie got along very well. Hallie was good about sharing her toys and Danny was so patient when Hallie bossed him around. One of Hallie's new favorite movies is the Disney cartoon, Robin Hood. I heard her tell him "Danny, you are a boy and so you are Robin Hood and I am a girl so I am Maid Marion." Throughout the week, Hallie would frequently say "Come here Danny called Robin Hood." Danny loved to run around in the backyard and didn't mind at all that most of the toys were princesses and tea sets. What a sweet one!

Chris and I enjoyed talking with Dan and Jessica. They are devoted parents and their new little girl who comes in December will be such a fun addition to the family. Since Dan and Jess celebrate their anniversary on August 3 and Chris and I on August 4, Mom watched our babies for us on August 5 and paid for us to go on a nice joint anniversary date. We went to Castaways a pirate-themed restaurant in Manitou. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great.

Some other fun things we did during their stay: a picnic at the zoo, the Focus on the Family Center, and of course lots of eating and window shopping!

Thanks for coming to stay with us Dan, Jessica, and Danny!

before our big night out
Dan and Jess at Castaways

Danny relaxes after lots of play

Danny and Jess at Focus on the Family


1 comment:

Liz and Brian said...

I'm in LOVE with Manitou! My bags are packed and I'm ready to move there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails