We had a jam-packed Halloween day.
Since the thought of cooking on Halloween morning was unbearable, I simmered some cider on the stove and Hallie and I drove to Sonic for some breakfast sandwiches for the family. Later, after we got dressed, we headed out for some mall shopping. I had great coupons at Borders and Bath and Body Works (free lotions and 40% off books)! Since Halloween only comes once a year, we had Hallie wear her cute witch dress all day.
In the late afternoon, we caught the tail end of the ward trunk-or-treat. We better go earlier next year if we want to socialize and get more candy (although it was worth it that the girls got good naps). For dinner, I made buffalo chicken sandwiches (one of Chris' all time favs). Grandma Judy came over to see the girls costumes and visited for awhile.
When our first trick-or-treaters arrived, Hallie and I set out to conquer the neighborhood. I actually thought we might leaisurely hit up five houses and saunter back home. No way! Hallie was sprinting from door to door. We met up with our neighbor Ashwin and his family and wound through the neighborhood. It actually worked out lovely because even though she didn't want to stick close to me, Hallie followed Ashwin and he was good about listening to what the parents wanted. Hallie was delirious. Even though we took her out for a bit last year, she couldn't remember it. Everytime she came down from a doorstep she would say "Look, Mom! Look!" She couldn't believe people where giving away free candy. You should have heard her enthusiatic "thank you." It was more like "THAAAAAAAANK you!"
We are so pleased to say our neighborhood was a hopping Halloween neighborhood! There were hundreds of kids. Chris and I loved it. We've always been in apartments where we get two kids tops. This was heaven! This was our first major holiday in our home (since we were gone for the Fourth). We loved it and it makes us even more excited that Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner!
5 years ago




1 comment:
Adorable!! Just adorable, both of them. I love their costumes! Glad you had a good Halloween.
Post a Comment