It is no surprise that Hallie loves reading. She has her books memorized. It is straight fact that Goodnight Moon was memorized at eighteen months. She often quotes lines from her literature to me. For example, if she ever falls down she says "I trip! I slip! The tray does a double flip!" These lines are from Fancy Nancy. (Of course she normally finishes the rest of the book from memory, but I will leave you with just these lines).
One of Hallie's most-cherished heroines is the title character from Pinkalicious. Pinkalicious, as you might deduce, loves all things pink. Hallie likes to run lines from the book as if we are doing a play. She'll tell me "Mommy, say 'What color do you want?'" (Pinkalicious' mother says the same thing). Then Hallie will enthusiastically respond "Pink!" and smiles "Pink, pink, PINK!"
Today, Hallie had a Pinkalicious day. She made Pinkalicious cupcakes, had her finger and toenails painted pink, wore a pink dress with "pinktails" (pig tails), and officially started life in her new pink bedroom. It was Pink-a-tastic!
1 comment:
Michelle, Hallie REALLY IS mini-Dottie. Dottie also loves Pinkalicious. For her pre-K class one day, we made pinkalicious cupcakes and I came in and read the book to her class. Did we seriously have the same daughter?
Post a Comment