Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Stomach Bee

Yesterday we were eating lunch when Hallie asked me "Mom, remember when I had the stomach bee?" I racked my brain trying to recall what she was talking about. "Oh, you mean the stomach bug?" I vaguely remembered telling Chris' mom how Hallie had a 24 hour bout with stomach flu about a week ago. I tried to explain that "stomach bug" is just a name that we call being sick like that -- that it was just like her name was Hallie. But, it doesn't work in her brain that way. Later she told me "Mom, remember when the stomach bug came and hurt me on my arm? He made my tummy sick and then he flew away back to his home in the tree."

3 comments:

Marlaine said...

Hallie Laine Hinkson reminds me of another little girl I know, Michelle Caron Skaggs (Hinkson). She seriously comes up with the cutest stuff!

Cal said...

I can't wait til my kids say stuff like these. One of the joys of being a parent.

Summer said...

I love Hallie's version of how the flu works - so much better than what really happens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails