Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Food

I like to make food. I like to take pictures of my food. A friend told me recently that I must be really good at baking because I take lots of pictures of what I do. Ha! It actually it still amazes me that I can cook-- so I have to document it for proof! Also, documenting it will help my family remember the fun we had making things. I try to keep cooking and baking really low-stress. There's no use going through lots of time and trouble cooking if it was a miserable process. In contrast, by keeping it a light-hearted time of togetherness it is a fun event. It becomes one of my favorite traditions with my daughters and they are still wee babies. Now that I have philosophized about food, here are some pictures of what we made this Easter.



































Now that we've had our little discussion about how I like to make stuff. Let it be known that Mom H. purchased the ham from Honey Baked Ham. It was delicious and I am really happy I didn't have to make it! Also, the easter egg bread wreath was disgusting and dry. I totally should have used my normal roll recipe. Yes, baking is fun but that junk took me way too long to taste that weak. Remind me that next year so I don't try it again.

2 comments:

Phil and Ronnie said...

Love your food- you do take great pics. I had the same problem with my bread- took way too long and didn't end up very good. Phil and Ivy liked it but I know it could have been better- and I ALSO tried a new recipe. I think I'll stick with the tried and true ones from now on! I'm still cleaning up from yesterday!

Mily said...

You do always make beautiful food Michelle, and your presentation is always a+! That spring salad looks divine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails