Friday, July 16, 2010

Dear Blog

Hello, blog.  I missed you.  I know I have neglected you these past two months -- much like I have neglected myself.  I stopped drinking water.  I stopped taking vitamins.  But, I'm home now and ready to start fresh.  I'm drinking my water again and I'll be blogging again too.  Because, my little blog, you make me happy.  You keep me in touch with people I love.  You make me reflect about my mothering, my day-to-day happenings, and life in general.  And by writing on this blog and sharing a little bit of my life, I feel like I can check something off my list.  Thanks, blog. 
And by the way blog, I don't know where to start.  I have one thousand pictures to share (um, seriously).  And that number kind of matches the emotions I have in one day after what we've been through recently.  So, blog, I'm just going to put it out there -- much like this extreme close-up of my face.  It's a sign of my commitment.  Granted I have make-up on (which is a true rarity these days).  But there are still some blemishes and tooth discoloration.  And that's how I want to be, blog.  I want to show you the make-up stuff, but I'll share some imperfections too.  Because I want to remember all my life and not just the lipstick.

4 comments:

Cherri said...

Great post Michelle!

karen said...

Glad to see you back on the blog :) can't wait to see pictures from calif !! It was wonderful to see you even if it was only one night.

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Beautiful! I am going to quote you in an upcoming post, k? Kay. :)

Chris (husband) said...

I love you Shel

Related Posts with Thumbnails