Our family had a beach party while we were all together in California. I've noticed that I like the gatherings when we are all together because it feels like Dad is there even though he (technically) isn't. It feels like he is sitting down chatting with the group next to you or walking with one of the kids along the shoreline. We really enjoyed ourselves . . . roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, chomping on chips and Kaylene's salsa and watching John in his "pyro glory" as he manned our fire. Dan watched Claire most of the evening . . . which allowed Chris and I more time to relax. I think Dan and Claire are meant to be. She is kind of the female version of Dan twenty-five years later. Dan can attest that Claire was enamored with sand. We stayed until it grew dark and Claire just couldn't take being awake anymore. Then we carted a screaming Claire and a tired Hallie back to the car and drove home contentedly (and with music blaring to camoflauge Claire's screams).
5 years ago
2 comments:
Oh Michelle, despite the circumstances for going home, I am so glad that you were able to spend such quality time with your family. Family truly is everything isn't it? You're in my prayers!
ha ha ha lol
Post a Comment