Wow! A week just flew by before me in a flash! Chris and I have been doing some home improvements. One particular project involves lots of lumber and paint. We are having so much fun doing it and are once again thankful to finally own a home so we can do these fun things.
The girls are flourishing. Hallie had a cold last week but she didn't let that get her down. This is a big deal because normally when she has a runny nose her world falls apart. She seems to be more mature about it now. She is great about making good choices. Her behavior in stores is so impressive. And even if she starts a tantrum, she is able to recognize it and correct it. We are so proud of her. She starts preschool tomorrow. I'm so excited for her.
Claire is talking and moving so much! She doesn't have quite the number of words that Hallie had at this age but Claire is saying incredible phrases at just 16 months. Things like "I need some milk" or "I see grass" or "I don't want it." She blows our minds! She is starting to cruise around furniture and anticipate her walking soon. She is still a mommy's girl but loves to cuddle with Daddy. She was hugging Dad yesterday and I wanted some of that action too. I stole her away and she said "I ont Daddy!" and dove back into his arms and laid her head on his shoulder.
Chris has started off a new school year and is passionate about the classes he teaches. We are so proud of our teacher Dad/Husband. We know the kids who have him are so lucky!
I caught Hallie's cold so I have a soar/scratchy throat. I am one of the new nursey leaders at church so I spend two hours with the 2-3 year olds each Sunday. I've only done one week so far but they are so cute . . . and exhausting.
We've really revved up our saving lately and feel proud about the little amount we socked away for August. Let's hope we keep it up.
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment