Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fun Project for Boys!

I have had a total blast making Christmas gifts this year. One of my most favorite projects has been this . . .




What looks like two  little unsassuming bags . . .

Un-velcros (a made-up word) to let out some surprises . . .


Then, with a bit of unfolding . . .


It turns into this wonderland.


And then folds up snugly again for transport.

I say this is a fun project for boys but I can't tell you how enamored my little girls have been with it.  Hallie asks me daily to make her one too.  I did not get the idea for this.  My good friend, Karen Huff (a crafting genius), made one for her nephew several months ago.  Then, I found several blogs who gave ideas for it.  Once the idea was there, I got to go crazy and make it my own.  And now I have one mat for Danny and one for Joe.  Both my nephews are covered.  And obviously I will soon be making one for Hallie and Claire.

If you want to make your own, feel free to follow my own or go to here, here, and here for ideas.

2 comments:

karen said...

ohhh myyy goodnness.. sooo CUTE !!! i'll have to copy that idea.. for a birthday gift for zade.. :) and maybe a princess one for elsa..
how are you ??

John Skaggs said...

I want one??????? I need one of those, hahahahah..

Related Posts with Thumbnails