When I was little I imagined that Colorado was akin with the North Pole in snow amounts. So, when I married a boy from Colorado and he told me it just didn't snow that often where he was from, I kinda didn't believe him. Here, in my fifth Colorado winter (and after three humbling Idaho ones) I believe him. I find myself longing for snow. Where is the magical white stuff? We just don't get enough of it around here. Or, we stay dry all winter and then get pounded with snow in March and April when we are all ready for spring! Sure, Vail and Aspen are white wonderlands -- but here in the shadow of the mountain, we wait. So, even though Hallie has been gearing up for sledding for months, there was one lone day where we had enough snow that it would be appropriate. And wouldn't you know, we didn't feel like driving the car on those snow-packed roads, so we played in the frount yard instead.
5 years ago











3 comments:
Michelle- I TOTALLY get you... Our first winter here- I felt like we got pounded a couple of times... and now NOTHING. I watch the news longingly as my old stomping grounds in Atlanta get more snow than we have here. I'm missing the snow and cold from Idaho- as the silly newscasters go on and on about the weeks of wonderful sunshine! Anywho- that's my rant- where's the SNOW!
Looks like you guys took advantage of it too... how fun. I can't believe how big your kids are getting- they are sooo adorable!
Oh my! Claire is such a cute little snow girl!!! I love the pics you took! Looked like a fun day!
I long for the day when I can pull my future kids around the snow or play with them outside. I love the first photo of Claire....
Post a Comment