Before we ever got sick (were we ever not sick?) we did something fun! We were both enjoying the glory that is President's Day and reveling in days off work (Thank you Misters Washington and Lincoln) when we took a spontaneous trip to Denver. Our first stop was the temple.
It is such a beautiful, peaceful place. Look how thrilled Hallie was!
Claire . . . not so much. You will notice a pattern with Claire for this day.
Our next goal was "Operation: Find a Disney Store." So, we headed to a mall in Littleton where we had gone to one before. Imagine how crestfallen we were to discover it had closed (we were so bummed). But Southwest Plaza did not want us to leave devestated so it gave us a token prize called Cali Burger. Let's just say the burgers were so amazing that Chris and I could potentially drive an hour just to eat there again -- even if it was in a mall food court. And imagine our pleasure when the burger we were feasting on was called the O.C. (as in our hometown Orange County) Cheesey Burger. It was good and I want it again -- even though I haven't eaten breakfast yet.
Claire fell asleep on our ride after lunch so Chris stayed in the car with her while Hallie and I enjoyed the American Girl Store at Park Meadows. Hallie kept gasping and saying "Wow!" She asked me about a hundred times if we could buy one. I told her it wasn't her birthday, so she suggested we buy one for Claire's birthday. I told her Claire didn't need a hundred dollar birthday present.
Hallie was in doll heaven!
She did not, however, appreciate the new-fangled hand dryers in the restroom.
After our doll delight, we all strolled into my favorite mall. I found a cute dish in Anthropologie and two necklaces and a bag at Forver 21 and for a combined total of $16, I felt like I had gone a serious shopping spree.
Yep . . . she was in a big time "Don't hold me, I walking!" phase this day.
After we were shopped out, we headed south for home. We were pleased as punch in our car when we were rear-ended. Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully there was Denver traffic so the car couldn't have been going more than twenty. And thankfully, thankfully, thankfully we had said a prayer earlier and asked for a blessing of safety on our family and car. And miracle, miracle, miracle there was not a scratch to behold on our car.
All in all a blessed, tastey, shoppy day. That last adjective I made up . . . but who wouldn't want a tastey, shoppy day?
2 comments:
Hold up! First things first:
1. I can't wait for Hallie to start reading the American Girl books AND get her very own doll.
2. Why is it that I lived down the street from Southwest Plaza and never knew about the Cali Burger place?
3. Where is the Temple in Denver? It looks gorgeous.
4. Friend....can we have an Antro playdate some day?
The blogs about your kids or family is awesome. I love the moments when you share the exact words of either Claire or Hallie. For example, "Don't hold me, I walking" I really catch the spirit of being their.
Post a Comment