Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Our Halloween Happenings 2011


For Halloween again this year, the girls could be anything in their dress-up trunk.  Hallie desperately wanted to be Rapunzel but her dress was a little long for her and we didn't want to snag it trick or treating.  And even though she said she wanted to be a "Super Reader," she ended up perfectly happy being a light pink princess one night, and a dark pink princess on another.

I am hooked on buying party goods at Dollar Tree.  They are just too cute and make the meal more festive.

During any given month of October, I'm known to make at least five spooky Halloween meals.  But, on the year that I am pregnant with this energy-sapping sweet boy we just had one.

We also opted for painting our pumpkin this year instead of carving it.  The girls were just as happy.

We had jack-o-lantern pizza on honey whole wheat crust . . .

and a pepperoni snake stromboli.

Claire chose Cinderella this year.  This is exactly what Hallie was on halloween at age 2.  And I am not in a purple pregnant people eater costume . . . that was just my crazy outfit for the day.

The girls were in love with trick-or-treating.  This was Claire's first time.  She kept saying "Can we do nudder one?"  And as soon as Hallie said "Thank you!" she was bolting to the next door.

We have such a cute neighborhood to trick or treat in and were so pleased but the amount of kids out on the streets.

So darn cute.  When people said "Happy Halloween!"  Hallie started replying "Ditto!" 
She cracks us up.

Here is our front door.  Chris and I went out with both girls for about one half hour.  Then Claire came home and gave candy out with me while Hallie and Daddy continued.  As long as Claire had a constantly open package of M&Ms, she was a happy, chocolatey camper.

Typical Mom move . . .

can't pick my favorite shot . . .

so I indulge you with all three.

Two days before Halloween, Grandma Judy took Hallie to her work Halloween fair.

I adore that Hallie looks big, but still so little in this picture.

Our Hallie girl is sad that Halloween is over.  She loves spooky ghosts and witches and the sort.
She says she wishes it was Halloween all year long. 
We'll wait and see if she still says that Christmas morning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails