Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The joy of boy



I have three brothers.
Chris has two brothers.
As a teenager, I imagined myself as the mother of five boys.
When I was pregnant with my first, I thought I would have a blonde bouncing baby boy - he would be Jack.
Then our first ultrasound delivered the news - it was a girl!
Two and a half years later, we delivered another glorious girl.
So when I discovered I was pregnant with number 3, (and after 5 years of girl mommyhood)
I thought it might be easier to just have another girl.
I already had a beautiful pink nursery.
I had about fifty hair bows.
Though the thought of a boy was exciting, it made me nervous.
My girls were the refined colonies and a boy represented the untamed wild west.

Ten months later - I am experiencing the joy of a baby boy.
Oh, I know I haven't really experienced having a boy yet.
The years will be bring me lots of new surprises.
But, I do know that he has my whole heart.
Even when he screams and cries for hours in a row.
I love this little guy.






2 comments:

Melanie said...

Michelle...I can't even get over how cute he is!!!

Ashley Webb said...

Agreed!! Remember how POSITIVE we were when we got pregnant that we were both having a boy?! It always works out - and at least we both got our boys in the end. :) (And by the way - he could not possibly be any cuter. At all. I want to eat him!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails