Chris was just hired to teach Spanish at his high school alma mater! He says it is bittersweet because he thoroughly enjoys the middle school that he is currently at. The students are enthusiatic and the staff is friendly. However, this does seem like a great opportunity to teach at a higher level and gain more experience. In addition, his new principal was honored as the National Educator of the Year for 2007. Needless, to say that is a great honor and says a lot about who he will be working with.
I will take the chance to brag a little. Chris is such a gifted teacher. In his first year teaching he was recognized by the school district and the city newspaper for his exciting, innovative techniques. Teaching isn't a job that is known for high salaries but he willingly invests himself in his teaching plans and genuinely loves his students. We get stopped at the mall and the grocery store by students saying "hi" and zealous parents who rave about how their children love his class. Chris gets slightly embarassed by the attention but I love it; I am extremely proud of him. When you watch Chris teach there is no denying he has a gift for it-- and I think his students receive a great gift by having him for a teacher.
Chris' College Graduation- December 2005
5 years ago
2 comments:
Congratulations Chris for landing the new high school job. I am thrilled that you will be able to work with a talented principal and return to your alma mater. I know the junior high will miss you but you will bless the lives of high school students now.
Love your other Mom
Congratulations! However, anyone who has met you knows you would be a great teacher. The kids need teachers like you.
Post a Comment