Sunday mornings are great. Hallie is finally sleeping through the night but her alarm clock goes off as soon as sun reaches her little eyelids. That means at 6am she is ready to eat. I slip into her room, quietly feed her, and place her back in her crib. I stalk back to my room and collapse back into bed. Sometimes Hallie falls asleep again but most times she just pretends. Today was one of the "pretend" days so Daddy got up, closed our bedroom door and went to entertain her while I slept in! It was glorious. Chris says he can always tell that I enjoy sleeping alone because within minutes I have conquered the entire bed so that there is no room for anyone else. When I finally ventured out of our room, Chris heard me open the bedroom door. He called out "Mommy, we are in here," from the baby's bedroom. When I reached it, Hallie was sitting on her couch with Daddy kneeling beside her on the floor. I said "Hi, baby girl!" and her chubby face lit up and her mouth formed a big 0. After I picked her up she looked down at her Dad then did a little giggle/squeal (let's just call it a squiggle) and attempted to hug me (which actually meant she smashed her face into mine and flattened her arms onto my shoulders). Right now she is napping and Chris and I are relishing the fact that church doesn't start until 10:30. Which actually means we need to get ready-- FAST!
5 years ago
1 comment:
YES !! I'm so exticied that you got a blogspot ! I will def. check it every other day ! I'm looking forward to see and read about your everyday life. Hallie is soooo adorable !! I love her hair in those pictures. She keeps on growing up !! Have a wonderful time in California !!
Post a Comment