Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Five Little Monkeys



This is Hallie's new favorite song, I call it "Five Little Monkeys." My friend Shanda (a former preschool teacher) taught Hallie and I this fun song along with the actions. Hallie loves the "monkey" song. She tries to do the actions along with it. When I ask her if she wants to sing she always says "Ya!" and starts to motion for this song.


Other Hallie developments . . .



  • She can fold her arms to pray. It is the most precious thing I have ever seen. The first time she did it she looked up at me with the most angelic, sincere look on her face. Chris or I will have to catch it on camera and post it.

  • She is sick with bronchiolitis and is miserable. She has a little nebulizer with Albuterol. She justifiably has no appetite and whimpers and cries (which is so rare for our baby). Her eyes always look half-shut. It is tough to hear her wheezing.

  • She loves baths but hates to get her hair washed. She especially loves being bundled up in a towel after the bath. She could sit snuggled tightly in her towel forever!

  • The other day she was sitting on my lap and out of nowhere stabbed my eyelashes and proudly proclaimed "eye!" She has been on an "eye" kick ever since.

  • She loves to "dress herself." This consists of throwing random articles of clothing over her shoulders and crawling around the house to show off.

  • Whenever I give her a snack she is really excited about she says "hi!" to it as I place it on her high chair tray. It typically goes like this:

Mom approaches Hallie with a Ritz cracker. "Hallie do you want a cracker?"


Hallie inhales sharply, squeals, and exclaims "Yay!"


Mom places the cracker on Hallie's tray as Hallie claps her hands, grabs for the cracker while giving an exuberant and friendly "Hiiiii!"












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh cute lil hallister. im sorry she has bronchiolitis. she will bounce back in no time!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails