Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Spoiled-Rotten Birthday!

I got my hair cut Thursday. My hair is so thick that it is much more manageable this way. So here is my spoiled, decadent birthday weekend re-cap:














Friday morning Chris woke me up with breakfast. He took the day off from work and surprised me by getting the day off for me too! We hung out during the day and he changed all the diapers (he is sooo good about that). That afternoon, Judy came to watch Hallie so we could escape for a date. Chris and I went out to eat at the Mona Lisa Fondue in Manitou Springs. It was such a romantic atmosphere. They sat us in "Lover's Lane" which is a secluded section of the restaurant. Our first two courses we were all by ourselves. For our last two courses they seated other couples around us but it was still quiet and romantic. I really enjoyed myself but I am sorry to say that Chris did not enjoy his seafood. Overall, we both enjoyed the experience but did not want to spend that much money to do it over again. (We had a $50 gift certificate and it was still pricier than a normal dinner). But this was only the second time we had been to a fancy restaurant (the last one was Tavern on the Green in Central Park) so I think it is okay to splurge every couple years. That night we saw I am Legend. It was a very intense movie-- maybe a little too much for me. But it was so nice to be out!




On Saturday morning, Judy (Mom) took me to get my nail's done and then we went for a tour and tea at the Glen Eyrie Castle. It was the perfect girl's day! The castle was beautiful and we felt so cool to have cranberry orange tea and decadent scones with devonshire cream. After our tea we even got to wander around the castle by ourselves.









That night Mom watched Hallie one more time so Chris and I could go see Enchanted. I have a new favorite movie! It was like combining my favorite movies Beauty and the Beast and While You Were Sleeping into one awesome movie! Chris even bought me the soundtrack and we have listened to it several times already. (Dad and Mom you will love it!)

What a fun birthday, huh? Thank you for all the cards and well-wishes. I received beautiful cards and gifts from Chris, my grandmas, Chris' parents, my parents (my Mom's card was so nice I cried for 15 minutes), Karen Huff, and Keri van der Upwich. And I received calls from my brothers and brothers-in-law. And so many of you sent emails or web comments. Thank you for making my day so special. I don't deserve it but I am very thankful for it.

P.S. Chris got me the necklace in the top photos-- it's so pretty!

6 comments:

karen said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday ! You deserved it. Enchanted was sooo good, wasn't it ? I saw it & I loved it !! It's my new favorite Disney movie. I plan on to pre-order it!! Love your new haircut !!!!

Brit n' Ryan said...

Happy Birthday!!! When I told my mom last night that I just did our blog, she told me you had one, so I was so glad that you commented on mine, so I could get to yours. Sounds like a great b-day! Hallie is so adorable! It's great to see you guys are doing so well. We love you!

The Greathouse Family said...

Yes you are a spoiled girl! What a wonderful man you married! Good choice! Your hair looks beautiful- I wish that I had the hardship of thick hair! Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

Happy, happy birthday! And thanks for the Christmas card. (I finally checked my byui mail). Now we can stay in touch through our blogs. :)

Keri and Neal said...

What can I say?--You're a babe! I'm glad you had a great birthday! Enchanted rocked!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MIchelle! It sounds like you had an awesome birthday! Your hair is very cute. I just started a blog and you're welcome to come and see it! I haven't figured everything out yet, so I'm not sure if I have to email you an invitation or something. It's great to read about your family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails