Tonight Hallie heard me tell Chris say "I don't know." Ever since then she has been running around the house saying "I no know!" Other things I forgot to mention-- she can count to three. And it isn't just reciting . . . she can count two socks and how many lights are in the room (although she stops at three). And she can sing "A-B-D-D." I can't seem to convince her that it is "a-b-C-d." Tonight I read her Moo-Baa-La-La-La by Sandra Boynton and afterward she tried to read it back to me. She was able to do animal sounds she has never done before like "Quack" (more like "ack") and "Oink" (more like "oin"). Also, when we got to the page about the singing pigs she said "La-la-la!" just like I read to her. Then on the next page she said "No, no" just like it says. What a great memory. Don't worry-- I am not claiming to have a genius child. There are plenty of others just as advanced at her age or more so. But, I am just continually amazed at how smart these little people are.
Here's a cute picture of baby Hallie that makes her look wise.
On a side note, Chris and I were talking tonight and we were trying to compile our "life soundtracks." This task is soooo hard. I am juggling between what songs I think are the most beautiful and what songs really defined me at a certain age. For instance Mariah Carey's "Hero" almost makes me cringe now but it meant everything to me in sixth grade. Do I include it on the list? Should I make two separate lists: the most beautiful songs and songs from each era. Such a quandry. . .
Do any of you have songs that are must-haves for your "life soundtrack?" Please share them in the comments. I'd love to know.
3 comments:
It is ok to claim that your child is genius...i do it everyday! This life soundtrack thing is going to keep me busy today...i will get back to you.
I also I have a genius child:)
But it is so humbling and amazing what little sponges children are. i think that is one of my favorite things about being a mom. I get to teach and show a whold world to my child. And when you see they get it you couldn't be happier.
Sometimes I'll meet people who think I am crazy for showing or teaching something so 'out of there league' and they are like, they are just kids. But it is surprising how much they can learn.
My favorite is when you teach them about the gospel, and when they get it...how great is that joy. I am so proud of Hallie. Those are great skills and she should be proud. We miss yo guys...
From reading your posts and seeing all the adorable pictures and videos of Hallie, her and Skylee are so much alike! It's so funny. It's so fun that they're so close in age...learning the same things and saying the same things, don't you just love it? So good to see you guys are doing so well! love ya!
Post a Comment