Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all. I have so many wonderful fathers in my life. I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge some of their remarkable qualities.

My Dad- My father is steadfast. I have never met a more trust-worthy, loyal, dependable man in my life. So many of my memories involve him in a suit and tie. He was always in church positions that were very demanding of his time-- Bishop, Stake Young Mens President, High Counselor, a Mission Presidency. Even with all that, his job, and earning his Bachelor's Degree we never felt second-rate. He still managed to be ever present and a happy, funny, active father. How were you everywhere at the same time? And how did you have all the energy to do it?

My Father-in-Law- My father-in-law is devoted. He gives of himself so willingly. He is very quiet about it but he serves his family, neighbors, and any in need. There is no question in my mind that he adores Hallie. He loves his three boys and is supportive of their endeavors. He is my friend. I love talking to my father-in-law. I feel blessed that we have a great relationship.

My Grandpa Allen- My Grandpa Allen is lovable. No one could know this man and not love him. He was a sweet father to my mother and is a tender-hearted, fun Grandpa and Great-Grandpa. My heart melts for my old-fashioned, cowboy, true-blue Grandpa! I love him so much!

My Grandpa Hinkson- Grandpa Hinkson had a gift for optimism. He loved life even when it was hard. He lived by what he felt in his heart was right. And those who were touched by him went away happier and lighter.

My Grandpa Skaggs- My grandpa was without guile. He was one of my best friends in the entire world. I can't believe how lucky I was to be his grandchild and to grow up so bonded to such a remarkable spirit. I gage my life according to what I think he would think of it. I still ache for him.

My brother, Mark- My brother is such a natural as a father. I am also appreciative of how forthcoming he is with the experience of parenting. It is so nice to be going through this journey at the same time as he is. My husband always says he feels like Mark is his older brother (even though Chris is his senior).

My brother-in-law, Daniel- This man is so hard-working. He has been ever since I met him when he was sixteen-years-old. Back then he was working tirelessly in Chemistry class, now he works endless hours and goes to school to support his sweet wife and new baby. I am so impressed with his selflessness.

My sweet husband, Chris- I realize more every day what a great catch I got. I don't know anyone who does more than he does. I barely change any diapers now that he is home for the summer. I knew he would be a good dad before we married-- that was one of the qualities that attracted me to him. Not to brag too much but I proved myself right-- he is the best Dad and continues to be the best husband after seven years! Every night I make dinner I can find my husband at my side saying "What can I do for you?" I can't believe how lucky I am!

These are just eight of some of the wonderful men in this world. I know so many other great men. I can't wait to see what wonderful fathers my other brothers will be. I also have so many cousins, friends, and friend's husbands that are stalwart, faithful men. Thank you to all you Daddy's and future Daddy's. The world is a better place because of you!

2 comments:

Kristie K. said...

Chris is one special guy...(you guys are very much equally yoked :) and I adore Grandma Hinkson, too. He is so cute, he reminds me of President Hinkley...

Vanessa said...

hey michelle...i lost your email. i have a strange question, personal kinda for ya. can you email me at vcjansen@hotmail.com! Thanks!!! And you and your mom are so super cute together! And that cutie button Hallie gets cuter everyday! You'll have to watch out for her in a couple of years!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails