We took family pictures in front of our new place! Isn't it cute and festive? Our house is even color-coordinated. We have had a great "fourth" so far. Hallie and I painted our toenails holiday colors this morning. I painted her toenails last year so I thought we might as well make it a mommy-daughter Independence Day tradition. Hopefully when it gets dark later we will see good fireworks from our house on the hill.

We started the day at Mom's house. She made pancakes (with berries and cream that made it red, white, and blue), eggs and chives, and sausage. It was delicious. Hallie helped herself to three pancakes! Later on, we came home and took nice holiday naps (although I am pretty sure Hallie played through hers). For dinner I made a dip that looked like the flag, a batch of fresh salsa, Mushroom Swiss Burgers, Seasoned Fries, Corn on the Cob, and "Red, White, and Bleu Salad." The salad had tomatoes for red, mushrooms for white, yellow pepper and croutons (just because they taste good) and bleu cheese dressing. Unfortunately, we were so stuffed from our huge burgers and fries we could barely touch the salad and corn.
Later on Hallie and I plan to make cookies with red and blue M&Ms and I want to make a berry cobbler. We'll see if we can handle it. Perhaps those treats will have to wait for tomorrow. It is, after all, a three day weekend!
5 years ago
4 comments:
While I am happy for you and wish you all the luck in your "home" adventure... What you don't like us? Do we smell? Love ya! Goodluck!
Hi Michelle!! Okay, I admit, I'm a blog stalker today. BUT, Jen (Kuhns - the bow lady) said something about you getting some bows from her blog so I googled you and here you are!! I'm excited to check through your block and get to know your family a little better. Your daughter is so cute. Welcome again to Ridgeview! (now you will probably think your ward is full of crazy people, but I promise it's not - just me :) )
CUTE pictures. I LOVE the idea of painting toenails tradition !! Hallie is so cute. Alicia, my sister, now have a blogspot. Just click on Browns on my blog. There are some amazing pics from Italy. .
Yummy. That food looks delicious! It is my new goal to be a better cook. I just got your email about your new house. Congratulations!! That is exciting. I can't wait to live in our very own home someday:)
Your little Hallie is so precious. Good job! She looks so sweet and happy.
Haylie (your old writing center friend)
Post a Comment