I got this idea from my friend Jenni's blog. It sounded like a warm and fuzzy thing to do so I thought I'd give it a shot. Here are the directions if you would like to participate:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, if it is recent or years old, silly or serious--anything you remember! It can be about Chris, Michelle, or Hallie since it is our family blog.
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
As an added note, this is a great way for readers to say hi. I have a feeling there might be readers who read that I am not aware about. (I love to read some and stay quiet myself). Don't hesitate to say hello and how you found us. Are you a friend of a friend? Did we know you many moons ago?
5 years ago
9 comments:
Okay, a favorite memory.... alright, it was a Sunday, in Relief Society back when we still met in the Austin building (long time ago) and either you asked to hold Adi or I asked you to hold her, I can't remember, but you held her the entire meeting and you were so sweet with her and afterward you thanked me and thought, "You just gave me a break and I could listen to the whole lesson and you're thanking me?" It was just so sweet of you. And I alway remember you smile. I loved talking to you at church because you were always so postive and had the best smile. So sorry this is so long. Just good memories.
I remember being in Catalina at Toyon Bay with Bertain for biology club. After our sunset hike to the top of the mountain, we climbed up the remnants of an old fireplace from when there used to be a house on the cliff. After enjoying the scenery for a few moments, I scampered easily down the chimney. As you made your descent, I will never forget you clinging on for dear life when you felt that you could not keep your grip any longer. In your head, you imagined yourself 20 feet up about to fall onto a cliff overlooking the ocean. When in all actuality, you were approximately 12 inches from the ground. As you took your leap of faith and let go to potentially fall to your death, the look on your face as your feet IMMEDIATELY hit the ground was priceless. We laughed and laughed and laughed and someone captured it all on film in quite possibly the best and most natural photograph of our friendship!
Cookie Recipe Party. Christmas time, probably 2004. You had ELF playing in the DVD, several other friends were at your apartment, it was so nicely decorated. Your apartment was ALWAYS festive! I loved it! But this was share your favorite Cookie Recipe, and we all left with a large plate of different cookies, and that was "caroling." I loved it!
And not to mention all the times you watched Katelyn for me while I was in class. . . The pictures you took of her, and the book you made with her pictures on the cover (I still have that, too bytheway). Anyway, Thanks, Michelle for always being a great friend.
Hey, when you come to Rexburg, if you have time, give us a call. We'd love to see you guys and meet sweet Hallie.
Okay I remember sitting in sacrament meeting and the bishop released you as ward chorister and I thought to myself, "how random, in the middle of the school year?" And then it came to me: SHE IS GOING TO GET CALLED TO THE RS PRESIDENCY! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! *thrilled* I was so excited to start working with you on the enrichment stuff. Oh and remember all the discussions about babies since niether of us could get pregnant. It all worked out in the end didn't it!
One of my favorite memories of you (I have many!!!) is the first time our families ever did something together. We had invited you and Chris and Hallie over for dinner and knowing how much you and Chris enjoyed themed dinners we decided to have a spud night. We had potato salad made by you (and it was delish!) potato pancakes, potato bread, and spudnuts!!! It was so fun getting to know you and your family and talk about all the fun times in Rexburg. We've enjoyed hanging out with you since then! You guys are so fun!
Well my first memory was when you were my young women 6 year girl who signed off my girls camp requirements, wasn't that so long ago? And I remember jayne saying, guess who my cousin is going to marry? Michelle Skaggs from camp! I was like, crazy, what a small world.
And lets see, probalbly my fav. was our girls nights at la paz, scrapbooking and talking about girl stuff, you know holidays, how we can be better wives, fun movies! i wish we were still neighbors!
You were our ward! The lessons and the treats and the friendshipping you did...I mean holy cow girl! You were and I'm sure still are the "woman" we all wanted to be. You were so nice to me and sweet to my little Payton. I loved the night we all were at your house for a recipe exchange and you had so many good recipes and sooo many nice things to say to everyone. Sure miss you and wish we lived closer together.
I remember you always being so outgoing and we always laughed! I remember being in Rexburg, and meeting you for the first time b/c my grandparents lived in huntington beach and my aunt (my age) was attending Golden West...where you and Chris met. I also remember all of the way fun activities that we had when you were in the r.s. presidency. you seem to have fun no matter where you are and make friends so well!
Post a Comment