Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our visit to the North Pole

Pikes Peak boasts it's very own North Pole. When I found a coupon for "buy one admission, get one free" we thought it was a good time to try it out. Unfortunately, we chose a blustery Saturday to go. We were there for about two hours before we were totally rained out. Thank goodness we used coupons! Needless to say, the theme at the amusement park was Christmas. So, Christmas music was piped throughout the park. It was a nice touch. There are lots of "kiddie" rides. Chris and I thought that if Hallie were four or five it would be appropriate to purchase an annual pass. I'll be frank here. Although, it pales in comparison to my childhood growing up in Disneyland, it is nice to have a cute mini-theme park close by.

Riding the train

Hal liked the carousel. She kept saying "Up and down!"


Hallie said "This is fun!" when we were on the teacups. Dad and Mom disagreed and were both sick by the time we got off.


Hallie's favorite part was the water feature.



There are lots of cute shops. Had it not been so soggy, we could have enjoyed ourselves for several more hours.
One thing I can say about this adventure is it got me very excited for Christmas!

6 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I want to go there! The pictures are super-cute!

Merilee said...

Ahh, the memories. I used to work there. I was Little Red Riding Hood for two summers and then a shop supervisor for two summers. I do love that place though and I can't wait to take Mikayla and Gwenyth there when we come to visit.

Mily said...

This looks like so much fun! We'll have to check it out sometime!

karen said...

ohh love those pictures !! and love your haircut..
was the weather cold ???

Lisa said...

How fun! I, too, hate the teacups.

Vanessa said...

she is so darn cute michelle! and you are such a great decorator/dresser (what you dress yourself and her in). Everything seems to be so super cute and perfect in your life. And congrats on being pregnant!! yay!!! can't wait to find out what you're going to have! another adorable one i'm sure!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails