When we were choosing names for our new daughter, we wondered what nickname we would use for Claire since it was already one syllable. As you know, we love to refer to Hallie as "Hal." And we frequently call her "Hallie-Who" or just good old "Who." But we wondered what we would do if we couldn't shorten Claire's name. Now, two weeks into Claire's little life I have to say she has no shortage of nicknames. Here are some of the favorites: Clairey-bug; Claire-Fairy; Clarinet; Clairey; Clairice. And I have heard my Mom call her Queen Clarion (from the Tinker Bell movie) and my Dad called her chocolate eclair.
Life continues to be great with our two sweet girls. Although, we must admit we prefer the days to the nights. Our new little one is a slight bit "colicky" so we normally have one to two hours of non-stop screaming every night (from her, not us). And yet . . . we still wouldn't trade her for anything.
today (5-5-09)
Poor Claire! How do younger siblings ever survive? I had a dream last night that Hallie was carrying her by her neck. I almost fainted while asleep.
10 comments:
The video is hilarious. Of course, I have told you the story countless times of when Mark carried you by the neck! Second borns are so mellow and forgiving of first borns. I find that middle kids usually just go with the flow! Love you lots and miss you all.
I'm still laughing out loud at the video. No wonder you're having crazy dreams! :)
She is beautiful!! I'm sorry about the nights being rough, but I'm sure it will get better.
That was hilarious and sweet all at the same time... too funny. Thanks for the laugh!
Congratulations on your new little one! I'm so sorry about your nights being yucky, I like to put my ipod earphones in and listen to soothing classical music. And when that doesn't help I turn up the rock and sometimes Ryan falls right to sleep. Who said punk wasn't soothing:) she is beautiful, it makes me want to have another one. oh wait, it just makes me want to hold yours!
This was so funny! I laughed out loud. Hallie is so sweet to sing to her sister.
it's not a dirty look, its an adorable little pout.
Oh Michelle! That is priceless..."Mommy time!" as Hallie makes her exit!
Congratulations!
Love the video! I fear for my soon to be newborn but that which does not kill him will make him stronger. With Sophie as his big sister, he is going to have super-hero powers someday.
Michelle,
I heard about your grandma today. I've been so worried about her, but my dad says she is doing better. Keep me posted on everything and tell her that I love her if you talk to her soon. We'll be praying for all of you.
Love,
Ash
i love it all!
Post a Comment