Bad Day (two days ago)
- I found out I made a HUGE mistake at work a couple months ago and it came back to haunt me.
- After months of no accidents, Hallie had two (both kinds if you must know) in one day
- Claire was exceptionally fussy.
- I got a crying headache. I hate those.
- I took the kids to the store and they were sweet, well-behaved children with only one minor meltdown (Hallie-style).
- We went to the park-- before I went, I gave Hallie a pep talk about how when I said it was time to go, she needed to be nice to me and not scream and run away. When the time came, she was great and followed me to the car. She waited patiently as I buckled in Claire. But when it was her turn to get in the car, she changed her mind and started running to the playground. I reminded her to "make a good choice." And she did! She stopped and thought about it and turned to run to me. Then she stopped and turned to run to the slide but at the last minute stopped again. Then, she turned around smiling and ran into my arms! I was so excited because she is great when we go places but miserable sometimes when we leave.
- Hallie went to the restroom at the restaurant and the store-- no problems.
- It was sunny and bright and the kids played on the swing set for an hour. Claire just hung out in the bucket swing and Hallie went down the slide at least thirty times. After each time she would yell "I did it!" and then come hug and kiss me. Hallie even had a little picnic on the double swing. She sat on one side and set her sandwich, chips, juice, and Oreos on the other side. It was cute and peaceful.
- Hallie called a bee a "bum-bum bee." It cracked me up.
- Chris brought me home some mums and a pumpkin yesterday. He knows I am a fall junkie.
- And my final reason that today is a good day is . . . It's Friday! I get to be with my husband for two whole days. Oh, and neither of us have to work. Yay.
3 comments:
I'm glad your day is going so much better today. You made a mistake at work? That probably was pretty shocking considering you do everything so perfectly as a rule.
you good day sounded awesome! we should go to the park together sometime! Lucy loves to slide too!! Good job to Hallie too on the potty at the store and resturaunt!
Aren't Fridays great! I love the weekends- I just wish they came more often! ;)
Post a Comment