Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My final Halloween food post for the year-- I promise!

If you are totally DONE with Halloween (which I finally am), I apologize. But, I have to document our last three days of spooky revelry. We made Halloween themed food right up through October 30. And then I was too burnt out to do anything fancy on the big day! Isn't that a riot? I did do a batch of spiced cider. Here are the final things we made: monster mouth tacos, witch finger cookies (such a blast), caramel apples, and snake stromboli. The snake stromboli was a little stumpy so I decided he was slug stromboli instead.

On the night we carved our pumpkin, we had ghost hot chocolate to warm us up. We also toasted pumpkin seeds. We did one batch of traditional salted and one batch of Ranch flavored. We liked them both.

I had so much fun with the festive food again this year. I promise I don't have all the time in the world to do this. I accomplish it because I am a "meal planner" anyway. I plan out my meals one week in advance so during October I just planned around my Halloween magazines. Most of the recipes were so quick, they ended up being easier than the usual meals I make during the week. Not that I spend two hours at dinner; but I usually take anywhere from 20- 45 minutes.







2 comments:

Keri and Neal said...

The witch finger cookies are actually making me feel ill, just looking at them.

Lois Lane said...

So creative! And ditto Keri & Neal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails