Happy Birthday to the classiest woman I know.
It seems like today women in the world are striving to be overtly sexy, vulgar, and loud. There isn't anything wrong with letting our voices be heard. But why can't we do it in a proper, eloquent, planned way instead of with a crass, careless, aggressive and flippant attitude? Whoever tries to be classy anymore?
My Grandma is the epitome of class and I want to be just like her. My Grandma is loving and patient. She listens. She is positive and uplifiting. She is warm and inviting. She stands up for what is right. She has high standards of personal behavior that are reflected in the children she raised, the home she created, and the radiant brightness she eminates. She is skillful without a trace of manipulation. She is graceful.
Too many women are satisfied with mediocrity. The "this is who I am-- take it or leave it" mentality is, to me, an excuse to be lazy. I have my lazy days but I want more of myself. I want to be hard-working. I want to be positive. I want to be exceptional.
I want to be classy. And thank goodness I have the ultimate model I can try to follow.
Happy Birthday, Nelly Elsy! I want to be you when I grow up.

3 comments:
How do you take my thoughts and write them in your blog? :) I couldn't have said things better. Grandma is the most amazing woman, and example of who I strive to be. Happy Birthday Grandma!
From your description of her, it sounds like you have reached your goal. I guess you are all grown up. I have never met your grandma, but I feel appreciation to her and the example she gives to her posterity. Maybe she is part of the reason you are so incredible. And by the way, I agree with you about how woman no longer seek to be elegant, but crass and loud. It is a sad shame.
What a sweet blog.
Happy birthday to your classy Grandma. :)
And btw, you must not realize the classy woman that you are, Michelle. I have thought that multiple times of you.
It seems that you have developed those wonderful traits from your wonderful Grandmas after all.
Post a Comment