Friday, August 20, 2010

Transportation

Today I am thinking of transportation.  And not transportation in the traditional sense of trains, planes, and automobiles.  I am thinking of how pictures can transport you to another time.  I'm starting work on Claire's baby book.  You can call this my method of transportation. Back in the day, I was as big a scrapbooker as they come.  These days, I simply compile the girl's first year in a scrapbook and maybe do a theme scrapbook here and there.  Otherwise, I am so enthralled with the digital era.  I love blogs and look forward to compiling these entries into hard copy books someday soon.  I also like doing movies for our family.  The point is, something has to be done with pictures.  We owe ourselves the thrill of transportation.  I barely remembered these photos existed.  And look at what they capture . . . Claire just three days old.  Her skin looks so soft.  Her face looks so content.  I look like I haven't had much sleep but you can tell I feel so peaceful.  Those newborn moments are so unique and so fast.  And although, I am not ready to drive into that era again quite yet, I am so happy that I have pictures to transport me back for brief moments. 


2 comments:

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

What sweet pictures Michelle. It seems like those newborn moments last forever when you are in them, but they really go so fast! Thank goodness for pictures.

Laura and Corey said...

i love her little wobbly head!

Related Posts with Thumbnails