Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Favorite Family Outing

A good ol' family staple with our crew is our monthly/bi-monthly stroll through the local mall.  Hallie loves the water fountain where she can throw a penny in and make a wish.  Both the girls love the glass elevator.  We must be getting pretty old because we hardly ever go in any stores.  We usually stroll through Build-a-Bear so I can pretend I am a kid so our girls can gawk at the cool stuff.  We also usually stop in front of the pet shop so our daughters can laugh their heads off at the barking puppies who roll over and gnaw at each other's tails.  I personally love it when we stop by Otho's to share a luscious toffee brownie.  We normally sit on a bench and people watch while we take turns breaking off a brownie section.  We always end the night with the parent's favorite stop- Borders.  We have to go through the bargain section and I must spend at least ten minutes drooling over children's books.  It is a fun time had by all.  And its free . . . except when I buy books . . . and brownies.
 The best picture you can get with the old one arm holding the camera routine.

On this day (October 9) we were rained out of the pumpkin patch. 
Hence the pumpkin gear on my oh so photogenic offspring.

Hallie had so much fun playing at the play land.  We have been stealthily avoiding it for two years because last time she played at a mall playground she got pink eye.  I am happy to report no funky viruses were contracted from this play experience. :)
She is pacing with excitement.

 
Do you like my sideways belt?  I am so stylish. (P.S. That wasn't intentional).

Heaven knows we'll be stepping up those mall visits as the winter months approach!

1 comment:

Ashley Webb said...

So fun. Guess what...? Not only does Aubrey have the same shirt as Claire - but Brooklyn has the same skirt as Hallie!! Seriously, why don't we live by each other?! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails