This Thanksgiving my handsome husband turned 32. I love it! Having a husband that is 32 is very attractive. I'm not just married to the young man I snagged at 22. I am married to a man of 32. He is such a great man to journey through life with. He works really hard for me . . . and not just at work. He comes home and helps with the girls. He cleans up Thanksgiving dishes . . . even if it is his birthday and I try in vain to tell him to sit down. He builds me bookshelves. He always prints out Borders coupons so he can buy me precious books (at a bargain price). He listens to me gush about my latest read and listens to detailed literary analyses on various J.K. Rowling characters. He pretends to whole-heartedly volounteer to watch chick flicks with me (even though I insist we watch action together because I know inside he must be dying). And he doesn't complain when I fill the netflix queue with every BBC production of Jane Austen. His genes make incredibly adorable babies. He compliments me all the time and is undeterred when I refute them. He reads every blog post I've ever written and always thanks me for doing it. He listens to my every detail about my day with the girls . . . whether I am describing exactly what precocious turn of phrase Hallie said or how cute Claire looked eating Coco Puffs. He looks at me and says "I can't believe this is our life. I can't believe this is our home. I can't believe these are our kids! I can't believe you are mine!" And he really is grateful for it all. I can't believe I've had him for almost ten years. I am so thrilled we found each other so young -- it gives us more time to celebrate life and eternity together. We are proof that two stubborn people can totally make it work for the name of love. Happy Birthday, my love!
5 years ago
2 comments:
I've always been impressed with both of you.
what a great husband! Happy b-day Chris.
Post a Comment