Sunday, May 29, 2011

And the typing begins . . .

After nine faithful years of service our computer monitor died.  I had to take a forced hiatus as Chris and I determined what was the best solution.  Do we buy a new monitor?  A new computer?  We ultimately decided we didn't want to buy a new monitor because we hope to save for a new laptop in the next years and we certainly don't need a desktop monitor in that case.  So, I am starting my venture of blogging while looking at my TV.  Chris set up our computer so that I sit on the couch and type via a wireless keyboard.  Pretty cool stuff.

The time away from the blog have given me time to reflect on things what I want to write about.  I love writing so I can't wait to do more.  I actually get to do a decent amount of writing these days.  I write occasionally in a personal journal.  I write our family journal.  I write stories about amazing medical consultations for my job and now I'll do more fun writing here. 

Here are some of the things of note lately:

Chris finished another school year and it is now his full-time job to make me happy.  I think that was already his goal in life but it is so magnified when he is off work.  It is embarrassing how much he does for me and our family around our house.  He helps with laundry, dishes, sweeping, tending kids . . . whatever kind of service he can tackle, he is doing it.  You would think he has a wife that constantly harps on him and begs for his help.  I promise I don't!  I am the type that even when I am failing miserably, I think I can do anything!  I just married an extremely selfless human being.  That my friends, is the way to go!



Hallie told me the other day that she wished my dad died with a cell phone.  For a brief second I thought it was slightly morbid but then she said "Then I could talk to him in heaven all the time!"  I thought that was extra sweet.  She just finished her first year of preschool with a special graduation party on Thursday.  I am happy that we have elected to keep her home from school for one more year.  With her late September birthday she could technically attend Kindergarten this fall.  But our school district has all-day preschool and I just want my sweet girl home for one more year.  And so, she stays . . . and I am thrilled. 



Claire loves to march around in circles when excited.  She talks so much.  Today she told me "I don't want to take a nap yet.  And I don't want to take a nap because (pause) I don't want to take a nap now."  I loved her reasoning.  When Claire gets spunky, which with her personality is kinda frequent, she looks at us and says "I be nice!  I be nice!"  She knows temper tantrums are cause for brief bedroom time-outs.  She is in love with little babies.  She frequently yells out in our quiet church meetings "I see baby!  Cute baby!"  My close friend, Ann, just had a baby named Mikayla.  Claire loves Mikayla.  Whenever we get in the car she says "We go see baby Kayla's house?"  She also frequently talks about going to Target.



The girls love to play in the dirt in the backyard.  They have their own plastic garden tools so they set themselves to very important tasks of tossing dirt to and fro.  I love watching them play in the backyard.  Chris and I sit in our garden swing and watch Hallie dance and Claire toddle and I can't help but gush about how much I love being a parent.  These kids are fun and funny.  They are also cross and moody.  But they are so worth it.  Besides, I like to think I am fun and funny but I am for SURE cross and moody too.

4 comments:

The Clews Crew said...

Your girls are gorgeous! And you look great too! I love reading your blog, I always feel uplifted and happy. Glad things are going well.

Katie Clifford said...

You are such a good mom and wife... when I grow up I want to be just like you!

I agree about the playing sometime soon... let's set something up :)

Crazy Black family said...

I love your blog. You guys look fantastic and I am glad you married such a stud. Chris is such a cool guy! :) And he married YOU, so that says that you are pretty awesome too (but I knew that already). Hope you have a fantastic summer with the family all home!! :D Wish we could come play.

Chris (your husband) said...

These pictures, especially the top one, just remind me again what a wonderful, simple, joyful life we have. You make me so happy. I love you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails