One of the best parts of Mother's Day this year were the words Hallie uttered when she realized it was Mother's Day.
"Mother's Day?" long sigh "I wish it was KIDS day!"
Someday she will realize the point of one Mother's Day is because every day is kids day.
For Mother's Day I received my long-coveted lounge chair. This summer I will be able to read in the backyard without dragging a sheet out onto the lumpy grass. I so look forward to it!
Chris also scored great deals (as in next to free) on three exciting books for me: two gardening books and Gone with the Wind. I picked out the chair but the books were a total surprise. Chris said I had to have something to read when I was outside enjoying my chair. Sounds great to me!
That evening, after nice meetings at church, we hosted a Mother's Day Tea for our family and Mom H. After dinner, the girls watched Tangled again with Grandma and I chatted on the phone with my Mom in CA. Meanwhile, Chris hand washed and dried every last piece of china. Sigh.
I sure love Mother's Day. But do you know what I realized this time around? Chris helps me out like this every day. He doesn't even consider it helping out -- he just does it.
5 years ago


1 comment:
Precious. Such fun ideas! I want to have a dinner and tea party with that menu. When Spencer realized it was Mother's Day, he said, "I want it to be my Mother's Day." Apparently we use the word Mom, Momma, and Mommy and not Mother, as he thinks he can be the Mother.
Post a Comment