I need to write a quick post of gratitude.
Mainly, I know because it will do my heart some good.
You see, Claire was a TERROR at the grocery store today.
Employees stopped me four times to ask if I needed help.
I already let her climb into one of those carts that has a HUGE plastic car bolted to the front.
It is basically like driving the motorhome of the grocery cart world.
Two minutes into that and she was screaming and whining that she needed help.
Free cookies and cheese offered by employees only succored her insatiable appetite for grouch for about 30 seconds each. I ended up cradling her twisting body while pushing the tug boat size cart filled with a week's worth of groceries. I actually kept my cool. But that doesn't mean my insides weren't boiling!
So, even though nap time is just around the corner. I wanted to write things I was grateful for. Because looking at these pictures already brought my blood pressure down and made me smile.
This hill.
This hill is much steeper and longer than it appears.
Claire ran the entire length.
This child only started walking four months ago so this is a BIG deal.
I was really proud of her perserverance.
I could tell she was so grateful for the ability to run.
Hallie found a mud puddle.
I was disheartened for about three seconds before I was so grateful that she could jump in puddles and enjoy the fun, spontaneous wonders that life has to offer.
On this day, the girls were good at the grocery store. They sat down quietly together and just looked so darn cute. As I looked at them I thought how much a picture like this would stop my beating heart in years to come. They are just so young . . . and pink . . . and those pig tails. I was really moved in that moment.
Nevermind that right after I wrote that sentence Claire threw herself to the ground in a red-faced fit (arched back and all). Perhaps, as I pick up her screaming, stiff little body and lie it into bed I can already think about those sweet kids in the shopping cart and reflect on how those moments make these moments erase.
2 comments:
One thing I have learned so far in life is that the REALLY hard things are usually the most beautiful at the same time. Like kids. They're SOOO cute so you don't kill them when they're awful. Ha ha.
Oh Michelle! I'm sorry I chuckled while I read this post. AT the time, I'm sure you wanted to die in the grocery store far far away from your motorhome grocery cart, but these stories are the ones that will make you and Chris and Hallie and Claire laugh and laugh and laugh! We've had moments like this many times! I'm glad you posted this. Blogging is good therapy! You do have a wonderful life!
Post a Comment