Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I won't pretend that I avoided the Royal Wedding;  I devoured it.
I have an Eiffel Tower in my master bath that I gaze at with adoration.
I am dumbfounded by Russian authors like Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.
If you are what you eat, I am unabashedly Mexican.


But I am so proud to be an American! 
I am grateful for the freedoms we have.
I love our history!
I have Swiss, English, Scottish, Irish, Danish, and Welsh blood. 
But those ancestors made it their dream to become Americans.  And I'm so glad they did! 
We have varied scenery that rivals anywhere else in the world.  And if people doubt that, they haven't really explored this country.  Despite criminals and crooked politicians, their are millions of good people here that are assets to their communities and to the world.

Hallie knows the importance of our flag.  Whenever she spots it she gasps and exclaims "It's an American flag!  That means we're American!"  It does indeed.  And boy am I grateful.

1 comment:

Megan Hansen said...

I love your posts Michelle! You have such a way of putting things that make me feel happy and uplifted. Hope all is well in Colorado. I have been missing Colorado lately.

Related Posts with Thumbnails