Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our Family Fourth

I am going to treat you with pictures from three months ago.  Yeppers, three months ago.  This pregnancy, while wonderful and exciting, has slowed me down in a way my first two didn't.  Apparently my loss of apettite relates to blogging too?  Technology, while also wonderful, hasn't been on my side either.  Our laptop crashed.  And blogging from an I-phone, while doable, is difficult.  But, my heroic husband got our computer fixed and we are back to the quest of life documenting!

Presenting . . . Our Family Fourth

We were in California for the fourth - along with all my siblings!

In the morning, Chris, Kaylene, and Karen raced in the Huntington Beach 5K.  Dan joined them to take pictures.  Mark, Mom, and I carted the kids to church for the annual pancake breakfast.  Trust me, the irony that the in-laws ran a 5K while the spouses went and ate pancakes and sausage was not lost on us.  It was quite humorous.  All three did great in the race.  I was totally proud of my stud husband.  Someday I'll race a 5K too . . .  someday.  For the rest of us, we enjoyed doing something that we had been doing since we were young.  And who can resist the lure of maple syrup crusted into your little girl's hair?

After a BBQ at Mom's house in the afternoon, we headed to Grandma's house for the evening fireworks.  Donny and Debbie joined us with their kids.  The fireworks were fun.  Claire insisted that she wasn't scared, but she repeatedly told me "Let's go inside!" and "Can we get in the car?" and "I'm not scary (scared)!"

I love these pictures because they really represent family.  And who can resist matching red, white, and blue outfits?  I'm such a sucker for color coordination.










No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails