For our first Monday in November, we had our annual Thanksgiving Family Night. We talked about what it means to be grateful and then identified some of our blessings by writing them on our fall leaves and putting them on our "thankful wall".
I was particularly impressed with how astute Claire was. She was the one who offered "prayer" and "Heavenly Father" to our leaves. However, she also identified "my pee" as a blessing. We're thinking she meant that she can go in the toilet now. Regardless, transcribed "my pee" onto a leaf.
For our family treat, we had peppermint hot chocolate.
It really doesn't take much to keep these girls happy.
Unfortunately, it also doesn't take much to make these girls fight.
Alas, they keep us on our toes. :)
Daddy caught a moment of wonder as some stray snowflakes wandered down to the ground.
Daddy also caught Claire in a moment of choice in her book nook.
On Veteran's Day we spent the day in Denver. First stop - the temple.
It was Daddy's turn to stay outside with the girls. Mommy got to attend inside.
I love those girls, but I got the better end of the deal.
These little ones love going to the temple.
They can feel the significance of such a dedicated place - even at such a young age.
I felt so refreshed after my visit. I just felt . . . lighter.
Later this day, we finished some Christmas shopping for the girls.
Our Christmas shopping was entirely complete by the end of the month.
There is just too much to enjoy in December without having to check shopping tasks off our lists and visit crazy, packed stores.
Hallie had a couple days in November where nothing was cooler than wearing Daddy's shirt. Little Miss Reminiscent has been crying about growing up lately. She doesn't want to grow up and be a mommy - she just wants to stay little and live with us forever. It is so funny because I can remember doing the exact same thing at her age. I can even remember being at the top of the stairs telling my Dad the same exact words. She finally decided it was okay to be a mommy as long as she could always live with us. And she most recently decided that she is going to move to the "vacation house" in Denver (a condo we stay at in near Lake Dillon) and that we can visit and spend the time anytime we want.
Our poor little girl has also been remiss that Halloween is over. She keeps telling us that Halloween is the best and that it is better than Christmas. She loves the Grinch - I think she relates to him on a level. She is totally entitled to her own opinion - but it secretly drives Chris and I nuts that she isn't a Christmas fiend like we are.
Dad found a cool box while we were re-organizing the basement during the Thanksgiving break.
The girls turned it into an airplane and "flew to California." Poor Hallie is a California girl at heart. She frequently laments that we can't go to the beach or Disneyland that day. And she talks frequently about how "pretty" it is. Thank goodness she normally gets bi-annual visits.
Daddy captured another one of the girls' favorite activities- making houses out of pillows and blankets. We do have nice princess tents, but they may prefer this more. They love to do this weekly.
I cannot believe how fast November flew by. It might win the award for fastest month this year!
1 comment:
michelle !! youre such a good mom !!!!! i love your thanksgiving wall !!! maybe i need to make chris move to colorado so i can be by you guys !
Post a Comment