Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Handsome!






The day after Thanksgiving, our handsome dad/husband turned 33!
We were going to start the day with Mom H. treating us to breakfast.
Lo and behold, we were still way too full from our Thanksgiving feast the day prior.
So, after the morning batch of presents,
we met up with Mom and caught an early showing of The Muppet Movie. 
Chris was a huge fan growing up - so it was a perfect, reminiscent way to celebrate him.
And, it was the perfect movie to bring a 2 and 5 year-old to.


The movie was darling!  As in I was holding back tears at a couple moments.
If you think I am ridiculous, see for yourself.  I dare you not to at least get a (kermit the) frog in your throat.  Mere minutes into the movie Claire was saying "Mommy, where's my pock corn?"  Oops!
I kind of told her she would get some popcorn.  At that point, I could already tell we would be owning this movie, so I wasn't sad to slip out and wait in line (to pay $5 for a child popcorn).


Our little chipmunks were so excited to see these other chipmunks.




After our movie, Mom treated us to Chris' birthday lunch.  He chose HuHot's Mongolian Grill.  This is our favorite date night spot.  Chris and I love to make our bowls extra spicy - and we have to eat with chopsticks (we're die hards).  The girls had noodles with terriyaki and broccoli.  But their favorite part was the crunchy chow mein noodles.


After lunch, we all scooted down a few stores to See's Candy to pick out our Christmas chocolate selection.  Being from California, both Chris and I come from die-hard See's families.  Just seeing the box around our home makes me think of my Dad and Grandma Skaggs. 

That night, after the girls went to bed, Chris and I rented the movie, Super 8.  I made some of his favorite appetizers for a late meal - this time we had hot pizza dip with french bread along with artichoke dip and crackers.   My handsome husband is anti-cake, so he requested a homemade berry pie.




You can see from my oven clock how late it was when we finally blew out the candles.
That is one of the joys of marriage - doing things whenever you want! Am I right?
It was a lovely day celebrating our handsome, hard-working, honest Chris.
I wish we could do this for him once a week - he totally deserves it!
Love you, sweetheart!

2 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Happy (late) birthday Chris! It looks like a great day. I would rather have pie over cake too.

Mily said...

sounds like a super fun Birthday! But, one question...Michelle, where is your baby belly...seems to me it should be bigger. :) You look great! Happy Birthday Chris!

Related Posts with Thumbnails